Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link.

SupaDoopa
    SupaDoopa

OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link. Empty OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link.

Post  SupaDoopa Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:58 am

S13/S14 factory wheel and tire sizes:
    4-Lug steelies: 15x6" +40mm w/ 195/60/R15
    4-Lug alloys: 15x6" +40mm w/205/60/R15
    5-Lug alloys: 16x6.5 +40mm w/205/55/R16

S13/S14 factory lug specifications:

4-Lug: 4x114.3 (72-87 ftlb)
    5-Lug: 5x114.3 (72-87 ftlb)
    Thread size: 12mmx1.25

Wheel/tire info and calculators:

Basic wheel and lug terminology and metrics: here.
    Wheel and tire size calculator: here.
    Wheel and tire size calculator: here.
    Offset calculator: here.

Wheel and tires weights:
    Wheel weight database: here.

Will "X" wheel with "Y" tire fit on my car?
    Wheel fitment database: here.
    Maximum S-chassis wheel/tire fitment (For Grip): here.
    Maximum S-chassis wheel/tire fitment (Stretched): here.

Parts Needed to do a 5-Lug conversion:
    S13 Front:
    - S14 SE front hubs or S13 "conversion" hubs (Ichiba, Circuit Sports, etc.)
    - S14 spindles*
    - S14 ball joints (pressed into the S13 LCA)*
    - S14 SE front rotors (or re-drilled 4-lug rotors)
    - 5-lug wheels
    *Not needed if using aftermarket "conversion" hubs

S14 Base Model Front:
    - S14 SE front hubs
    - S14 SE front rotors (or redrilled 4-lug rotors)
    - 5-lug wheels

S13/S14 Rear:
    - S14 SE or Z32 (non-turbo) rear hubs
    - S14 SE rear rotors (or re-drilled 4-lug rotors)
    - 5-lug wheels

FSM's:
    240SX: here.
    300ZX: here.
    Maxima: here.

Basics for "aggressive" fitment:
    Offset is a measure of how far the mounting face (surface that touches the brake rotor) is from the centerline of the wheel. When you want to run a wider wheel with the same backspacing, the inner edge of the wheel will come closer to your suspension, eventually hitting the frame, control arms, coilovers or bodywork. To avoid this, wider wheels are made with lower (more negative) offsets. The side effect of this is the wheels "poke" out more. This "poke" makes the car look better by getting rid of the wheel gap almost all stock vehicles have. We try to take this a step further by stretching tires and running offsets so low that the wheel lip actually extends beyond the bodywork, while the tire tucks into the body.

Sunken:
    Example with a stock Miata wheel set-up
    OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link. Stockwinter35

Good fit would be flush with the fender wells. This, of course, may be too aggressive for some. Others seek this type of fitment.
    OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link. Albertcopylj3
    Take a tape measure to the stock wheels and measure the gap to the fender arch from the wheel lip then use the calculator above to determine what offset you want. Remember that you can always get more negative spacing with spacers but you wanna be close. If they are too negative (sticking out too far), it will be difficult to get them back in if not impossible. Typically would require machining and cannot be done on most wheels without a huge compromise in strength possibly ruining wheel integrity.
    SupaDoopa
    SupaDoopa

OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link. Empty Re: OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link.

Post  SupaDoopa Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:30 am

Check back regularly. I'm going to be adding all of the Nissan models to the FSM section. Let me know if there is information you want posted.
    LuisSilvia
    LuisSilvia

OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link. Empty Re: OFFICIAL factory Nissan wheel specifications, 4/5-lug swap information, 'flush' terminology, FSM link.

Post  LuisSilvia Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:39 am

Keep it up, and thanks for the links for the FSM!
    SupaDoopa
    SupaDoopa

Post  SupaDoopa Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 pm

I have every model, just takes me time URL'ing them all. Haha. I should have them all up in a day or so. I'm going to put up the more popular models and if people need a different model - or even a Datsun - I can put those up by request. Nissan has made tons of cars and trucks I doubt anyone will need a FSM from. Well, at least from here but if they end up needing it, no issues.

Also, if you guys don't see something here that you want posted up, let me know!
    Mersh
    Mersh

Post  Mersh Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Isn't this posted up on ONE as well?

Also this is mikecm off ONE.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm