Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
stainless97
Mickey Em
PeteyFresh_JDM23
Paul_DaTuner24
emily-sweetheart
showdown
Voke_Accord
RoboTron
12 posters

The way things need to be done from now on

RoboTron
    RoboTron

The way things need to be done from now on Empty The way things need to be done from now on

Post  RoboTron Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:29 am

"THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT"

1. SAFETY FIRST!!!!
    Don't be doing burnouts in parking lots
    Quit racing in the middle of busy public streets

2. BE RESPECTFUL!!!
    It's a competitve hobby, but not to a point where we need to fight/insult
    Shake hands before and after the race whether you win or lose
    Don't talk a bunch of **** for no apparent reason
    Keep the drama out of it

3. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!
    Street racing attracts enough attention, it doesn't need help
    **If you have no vested interest in the race, don't follow the cars just so you can see**
    No need for cheerleaders and wallflowers necessary
    Only go if you have money on the race, or have been invited by the involved parties
    * You can't go to a concert, game or RSD's without paying cover, why is it any different here?
    Take the least amount of cars to the location as possible...not a rap star style convoy
    3-5 people from either party is more than enough to get everything done

4. YOU CHASE...YOU RACE!!!
    If someone steals the hit and you follow them and lose...you still have to pay

5. PAY UP!!!
    If you lose, don't argue about. Just pay and move on.
    If you offer a race, it gets accepted, then you back out....you need to pay

6. QUIT TALKING SO MUCH!!!
    No need to call people out just to sit and argue with them
    Don't call them out then back out of the race
    Don't offer races and talk **** if you're car isn't even running (When it's done I'm gonna...)

7. LOCKING IN!!!
    This isn't a verbal thing... render the wager to a nuetral party
    If you back out, the money goes to the contender
    Ask your moderators to hold it if you don't trust anyone

8. BE CONISDERATE!!!
    If someone's car breaks at the line before the race, don't take their money
    If their car has a major malfunction (fire, accident, flat tire), they have enough problems
    don't take their money and offer to help them out
    Maintain some class and integrity

9. IT'S NOT A CAREER!!!
    If you can't afford losing the wager, then don't race
    Don't use your bill/gas/food money on racing...it's supposed to be spare money

10. MONEY TALKS!!
    We spend thousands of dollars on our cars...don't offer $50 races
    If all you have is a few bucks, then stay home and come out when you can afford it
    Negotiating is one thing, but there is no reason for 3 hours of arguing

11. BE FAIR!!!
    Quit "safe racing."
    Quit offering races that are totally one sided
    It's a competitive hobby...so be competitive
    You can't win every single time...there is always someone faster
    If you are asking for legit spots...that's fine, but quit asking for land for your stupidity

12. GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN!!!
    No reason for a 15 sec car to call out a 11 sec car and ask for landing strip

13. AT THE FINISH!!!
    Put a nuetral party at the finish line to make a judgement
    Video can come in handy here too

14. INTERNET and POST WHORES!!!
    Use the boards for some meaningful communication
    Offer tech help, set races, ask questions, sell stuff or whatever
    but quit talking **** and quit posting if you bring nothing to the table
    Don't mistake shadiness for intelligence

15. GETTING READY AND PREP!!!
    It's a street race with street cars...not Byron Dragway
    Quit setting the street on fire and hurry up
    Prep work can be done in a couple minutes, not an hour

16. MOVE ON!!!
    In some places we can congregate and hang out all night, but majority of streets
    aren't like that.
    Get your race done and get out

17. YOU GOT THE HIT!!!
    If you agree to getting the hit, then you get left lane.
    If you give someone the hit, then steal the hit, you lose...pay up.

18. SABOTAGE ISN'T TOLERATED
    If you mess with someone's lane.....prepare to get your ass kicked!!!
    If you tamper with someone's car....prepare to get your ass kicked!!!

19. WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE?!!!
    Remember that we all got in this to have some fun, not make a bunch of rivalries
    Relax a little, take a chance, it's not gonna make you rich or broke

20. PM's
    These are a great way to communicate without putting your business or someone elses
    business out for public scrutiny. PM people to work out your race or argument

21. LAST BUT NOT LEAST...(MY FAVORITE)...DRESS CODE!!!
    Youngsters......pull up your pants
    Good looking, single ladies MUST be topless at all races!
    NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO PROBLEM

(from Grabalane)

Last edited by RoboTron on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    RoboTron
    RoboTron

The way things need to be done from now on Empty Re: The way things need to be done from now on

Post  RoboTron Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 am

King of the Streets is a DIG ONLY 1/4 Mile contest for the "Quickest" on the forum.

***KOTS***

RACING RULES:
    ---WE DRAG RACE HERE... NO ROLL RACING!
    ---1/4 Mile!
    ---HEADS UP!
    ---Race Starts off a FLAG, not 3 honks! lol
    ---A CHASE is a RACE!
    ---ONE Race!
    ---On the STREETS.
    ---If you are holding a spot and LOSE a race you simply drop down one spot on the list and the winner takes your spot.

CALLOUT RULES:
    ---ALL new members must start from the #10 spot and work your way up the list... (no more exceptions, unless you are a Senior Member - see below.)
    ---Race must happen within 2 weeks of the callout or you lose your spot.
    ---Once on the list you can only callout up to two spots above the spot you are currently at. Example, #8 spot can only call out the #7 or #6 spot. *Until you get to the #3 spot, then you may only callout one spot above you (the #2 spot) then if you win you may then advance to racing the #1 spot and become the real KOTS.
    ---If you are on the list and your car breaks or you sell it: let us know so we can take you off! This gives others a chance to get on the list and keep the racing going!
    ---This is the Tampa KOTS list. If someone is called out from another city, the spot holder is not obligated to travel to them, it should be done locally.

EXCEPTION RULES:
    ---"Senior Members" who are not on the list but known/approved by Moderators: they may have an exception and callout the #5 spot instead of having to start from the bottom, but there are NO free shots at the top spot without working your way up...
    ---If you once held a spot then fell off the list (broken car, stopped racing, ect) you may come back and callout the same # spot that you once held.

The main rule it to have fun! This list is to promote competition between the 10 quickest cars on the forum, NOT for a few cars to race once and then hold the same title/spot forever.

TOP CARS:

Voke_Accord
    Voke_Accord

The way things need to be done from now on Empty Re: The way things need to be done from now on

Post  Voke_Accord Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am

I like that king of the streets format, I think that's something that could potentially hype up the streets around here . Get motivated to take out the fastest on the streets .
    showdown
    showdown

Post  showdown Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 pm

people need to see this ASAP! could get reeeeal interesting
    emily-sweetheart
    emily-sweetheart

Post  emily-sweetheart Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Bump!

and LMAO at the ladies rules.
    Paul_DaTuner24
    Paul_DaTuner24

Post  Paul_DaTuner24 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:50 pm

bumpppp good rules
    RoboTron
    RoboTron

Post  RoboTron Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:21 pm

spread the word, make sure everyone see's this and try and make it official. gonna have to have a KOTS SHOOTOUT TO START THE LISTS OFF. will need to organize this **** and cut out the nonesense ive seen so far to keep the heat off. this is the best way to avoid trouble...

bump
    PeteyFresh_JDM23

Post  PeteyFresh_JDM23 Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Now thats what i like to see... some rules and regulations. i think its fair enough and if people cant go by the rules tough ****. see ya!
    i cant wait til i can get into some of these races myself!! (not for a while) but ill be looking forward to hearing about some! Smile
    Mickey Em
    Mickey Em

Post  Mickey Em Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Bump that KOTS Sounds Sick... Looking Forward to it
    RoboTron
    RoboTron

Post  RoboTron Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:15 pm

would be sick if we could get these kids with there fast cars on the site and trying to get on the list. i would help organize this but i need 10 cars lol...
    showdown
    showdown

Post  showdown Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:16 pm

reply if you want in so you can get added to the list.
    stainless97
    stainless97

Post  stainless97 Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Can i be in charge of rule number 21? u kno, checkin to make sure ladies are following the dress code? jus sayin
    RoboTron
    RoboTron

Post  RoboTron Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 am

to start the list of to get the list going i feel we need a a rough hp range(dyno sheet would be sick), tracks times. and someone to vouche there car is that fast and deserves its place in the KOTS Race.
    MoeskiVR4
    MoeskiVR4

Post  MoeskiVR4 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 am

showdown wrote:people need to see this ASAP! could get reeeeal interesting

i strongly agree,.. if this was the JDMASS FaceBook Group i would BUMP the $hit out of this thread..
    SupaDoopa
    SupaDoopa

Post  SupaDoopa Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:25 am

Just be careful with posting actual locations. As low-key for the most part forums and Facebook groups are, law enforcement is relentless. I'm sure everyone knows and understands and no one else should have to touch base with this, but just for the newer people, one of the rules is keep your mouth shut. That's possibly one of the most important ones for more than the obvious.
    MoeskiVR4
    MoeskiVR4

Post  MoeskiVR4 Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:41 am

stainless97 wrote:Can i be in charge of rule number 21? u kno, checkin to make sure ladies are following the dress code? jus sayin
    lol!
    RoboTron
    RoboTron

Post  RoboTron Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:06 am

SupaDoopa wrote:Just be careful with posting actual locations. As low-key for the most part forums and Facebook groups are, law enforcement is relentless. I'm sure everyone knows and understands and no one else should have to touch base with this, but just for the newer people, one of the rules is keep your mouth shut. That's possibly one of the most important ones for more than the obvious.

agreed thats why people will need to PM there numbers and what not and i will organize all the this via phone once i can get a decent bracket of cars to get this going.. i plan on sticking to all the listed rules to try and make this as legit as possible. Honestly is 100% more organized and makes more sense then what has been happening in the past. just gotta get to networking so we can get this going.

Trankii
    Trankii

Post  Trankii Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:41 pm

I been around for about 8 years !

I like where this is going !
    SupaDoopa
    SupaDoopa

Post  SupaDoopa Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Good to hear. PM's are more exclusive which hopefully will keep things a lot more racing and a lot less running. Organization is good. The amount of times I went out to race and sat there for hours - man, most annoying feeling ever.
    Mersh
    Mersh

Post  Mersh Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:48 pm

SupaDoopa wrote:Good to hear. PM's are more exclusive which hopefully will keep things a lot more racing and a lot less running. Organization is good. The amount of times I went out to race and sat there for hours - man, most annoying feeling ever.

Agreed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm